Sunday, January 10, 2010

the BIG game

Craig and I (as well as our families) enjoyed a LOT of trash talk over the past month. We pointed out all the flaws of the other team as well as all the reasons why our team would win. My family loves the Crimson Tide while Craig's family supports the Longhorns. Craig and I debated going to Pasadena even if we couldn't get tickets. We thought it would be an experience to be there as our teams battled. However, with our schedules, the trip was impossible (not to mention our budget). Since we could not be at the game, we decided to host a party, in hopes that our friends come help keep our marriage in tact. We pulled out all our Alabama and Texas gear to decorate our apartment. Every time one of us put something out, the other would find something else to counter. The BIG night finally arrived. Most of the people in attendance cheered for Texas. The game started off bad for Alabama, but Texas was hurt worse when McCoy was injured. In the end, Alabama WON and I was thrilled!! Some people think Texas would have won with McCoy. I am not saying they would or would not have, but I do know the game would have been different. Alabama played a different game after McCoy's injury. Craig was a good sport, and I have tried not to be a pain to live with. All I can say is ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Tucker cheered for Alabama and wore his favorite scarf!

1 comment:

  1. Loved that Big Al ornament! We enjoyed watching the game cuddled under our new Bama fleece. RTR...i'm already excited about next season! :)
    Mom

    ReplyDelete