Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

I am not a Baseball fan. My parents, brothers, and especially Craig are very disappointed in me. They have tried, over and over, to get me interested in the sport. The fact remains that I just don't like baseball. However, I spent one of the best days yesterday at the ball park. I drove to Florence yesterday morning only to get back in the car with my parents and my Grandma for the road trip to Atlanta. My parents and my Grandma are HUGE Braves fans, so we went to the Braves/Nationals game last night. Luke and Laura joined us at the park. The family was thrilled to be at the game. I went to be with the family and to watch Josh Willingham.

We arrived in plenty of time to watch the Nationals take batting practice. We then found our seats in the All You Can Seat Section. We enjoyed hot dogs, hamburgers, french fries, nachos, peanuts, ice cream, and soft drinks for 7 innings (or at least some of us did). Our seats were three rows up in center field, which was a nice view. I sat next to Grandma. She amazes me! At 85 years young, she agreed to ride in the car for 5 hours, to sit through nine innings of her favorite sport, and to get back in the car for 5 more hours, which meant we arrived home at 2 a.m. She was a trooper, yet, she would not have missed a moment of the fun!! That's why yesterday was so special! I will never forget my day at the ball park with Grandma, Mom, Dad, Luke, and Laura.
Take me out to the ball game, Take me out with the crowd.
Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack. I don't care if I never get back.
For it's root, root, root for the home team. If they don't win, it's a shame.For it's one, two, three strikes, you're out, at the old ball game.







2 comments:

  1. Oh, we had fun too. I'm so glad yall were able to come :) Hopefully we'll see you more soon!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you see in last night's game Josh hit a homerun and it looked like it went right to where we had been sitting the night before? Thanks for the obligatory blog on baseball...now I'm waiting to see what you write about SOCCER! :)

    ReplyDelete