Sunday, August 22, 2010

More Visitors...Yes, Please


Craig and I had a relaxing weekend in Jackson. On Friday, we had a nice surprise visit from my aunt, uncle, and two of my cousins from California. I was so glad they went a little out of their way to see us. We don't see them that often, so it was nice to catch up with them. They came over to our house after touring Freed's campus and stayed for an hour. Hopefully, we will be seeing them more since their oldest daughter is at Lipscomb. After their visit, we grabbed a quick dinner before going to the ballpark. Yes, you're right, I don't like baseball. However, I was very excited about the game on Friday night.

Jackson has a minor league team, the Diamond Jaxx. Craig has been begging me to go to a game with him all summer. As you guessed, I was not very interested in attending. My attitude changed a couple of weeks ago. Adam sent me a text one day informing me that a guy from San Antonio had been called up to Jackson. Anthony, was in the youth group at Northside, where I interned for two summers. I was very close to his sister and really enjoyed getting to know his family. I immediately sent him a message on Facebook letting him know we lived in Jackson and would love to watch him pitch if he would give us his schedule. Well, he started on Friday night, so we went to the game. It was so fun to see him play and to talk with him after the game. He came over for dinner tonight, and we were able to catch up a little more. He's a great guy, and I know the Lord will continue to use him for HIS kingdom. Hopefully, we'll get to see him pitch again before the season is over.

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!! Hope you have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment