Monday, August 9, 2010

Back to School

Wednesday, August 4: My first day as a 4th Grade Teacher
I was very nervous prior to Wednesday. I was so excited about being at JCS and about my co-workers, but I was still unsure about teaching 4th Grade. However,the day was great!! After meeting my amazing 19 students, my fears were calmed. I have a wonderful group of children, and I'm so pumped about the year. I still LOVE teaching Kindergarten, but I am learning to LOVE a lot about 4th Grade. I love the independence of the students. I love being able to go deeper and challenge their minds with our lessons. I love their ability to sit quietly and work without being told 5000 times what to do. I'm sure the year will hold a variety of emotions, but as of now, I am so happy and excited about teaching 4th Grade at JCS. Thanks for all your prayers and support!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news! As a side note my 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Underwood, was one of my all time fav teachers. Just think you'll be that for at least one of those kids and that will make all the rough days worth it.

    ReplyDelete