Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 Years Ago...

My parents, along with four other couples and four small children, left for Brasil. Their mission was to spread the love of Jesus and to teach the people about the grace of God. Mission: Accomplished. The work still continues in Brasil, and many lives have been changed.

I have always admired my parents for the sacrifices they made and for their commitment to the Lord. This past weekend we gathered in Fayetteville, Arkansas for a reunion. Four of the five couples on the team made the trip, and six of the fourteen kids were present. As a Brasil family, we have gathered to celebrate reunions at 5 years, 10 years, and 20 years. During the previous trips, I spent most of my time playing with the other children. However, this year I enjoyed sitting around and hearing the stories. We laughed. We had fun. We shared memories of God's provision and his love.What a wonderful weekend!! Thank you Dad, Mom, Rod, Tina, DJ, Deb, Terry, Jenny, Joe, and Jennifer for making a difference in the lives of so many. Thank you for teaching by your example and for allowing God to use you. I pray that I will always listen for God's voice and that I will be willing to go where he leads.

Deb, Mom, Jenny, & Tina
The American with 2 of his Brasilian siblings.
We missed you, Bethany!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you could make the trip with us, Aninha! Love you and loved your sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, your blog just brought me to tears! Thank you for being there this weekend and blessing us with getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete