Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Birthday Celebration

Saturday was one of my best friends birthday, so of course, we had to celebrate!! Melissa and I have been friends since the first day of Kindergarten. She was the brave one, and I was the one in tears. Our teacher introduced us on the playground, and the rest is history. We survived elementary, middle, and high school together. She has been by my side through it all. She is always there for me, and we can talk about anything. Since we graduated high school, we have not lived n the same city, and I miss the everyday moments we use to share. She is one of the strongest people I know, and I admire her love for the Lord.

We met at Casa for lunch, which is a great Mexican place. Another highlight to our lunch was having Elizabeth there too. Elizabeth and I have been friends since first grade, so she is another very special friend. Our close bond started that year when we did everything we could to avoid rest time. We would fake headaches by hitting our heads on our cubbies. She too has been with me through everything. She is one of the most thoughtful friends I have.

Since we all live in different cities, it's rare for us to be together. It was so fun to have lunch and hang out at Melissa's with some of my closest friends. Melissa, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. You deserve the best!! I only wish Mary Brook and Codi could have been there to celebrate with us. Then, the day would have been complete.

1 comment: