Sunday, August 16, 2009

St. Louis

Friday night, Craig and I decided to take a road trip to St. Louis. We left Memphis at 9:00 on Saturday morning. We stopped for breakfast at McDonald's and arrived in St. Louis around noon. We walked around Union Station and ate lunch at Quizno's. After lunch, we went to the St. Louis Zoo. The best part was that it was free!! We love the Memphis Zoo and think it's amazing, so we were unsure how the St. Louis Zoo would compare. It was a great zoo, and we had a wonderful time. Our next free event was the Anheuser Busch Brewery Tour. The tour lasted an hour. Did you know 1 out of every 2 beers sold in the U.S. comes from that brewery? That was one of the many interesting facts we learned. Our last event, and the real reason the trip was made, was the Cardinals Baseball game. If you know me, you know, I hate baseball. However, I love my husband, so I agreed to go to the game. The stadium is beautiful and a very neat place. Craig was so happy and was like a little kid the whole night. The home team won, and I'll admit, I enjoyed the game. We spent the night in Fester, which is about 30 minutes outside of St. Louis. We finished our quick trip with a stop at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston for lunch. Lambert's is the home of the throwed rolls, and a place I recommend everyone visit. We arrived back home at 2:00 p.m. today. Our getaway was so much fun, and we are planning another trip soon!!

2 comments:

  1. i love the blog site! thanks for using my favorite color. :)
    we went to st louis with the mission team once before we moved to brazil. rod and tina lived there and i remember we had so much fun at the zoo. also, st louis is where grandmama embarrassed dad so bad -- as a kid -- cheering so loudly at the game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Fun!!! I've never been to St. Louis or Lamberts. Oh and what a GREAT wife you are!

    ReplyDelete