Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Favorite Son

Another weekend. Another trip.
This week Craig and I went to my hometown, Florence, AL for two wedding showers for my brother Luke and his fiance, Laura. We arrived on Friday night and spent the evening hanging out with my family and of course playing games. The game of choice was Monopoly Deal. It's a card game version of Monopoly that is much shorter, so I like it better than the original game. Saturday morning we had brunch, ran some errands, and relaxed at the house. The festivities began Saturday night with a family shower. The shower was hosted by three of my cousins and their wives. The food was amazing! It was so good to see a lot of my Grandma's family that I don't see very often. One of my cousins, I will keep his identity anonymous, said that it's worth getting divorce and remarried just to have another family shower. Below, are some pictures from the evening.

Today, was a very busy day at Stony Point, my home congregation. The day started with class taught by my father, followed by worship, a fellowship meal, an afternoon service led by the young men, and last another shower. Well, some of you may be wondering why I titled my entry "The Favorite Son." During the morning announcements, one of our elders was talking about my brother Luke. He referred to him as "Everyone's Favorite Son." That's my brother. Everyone loves him! It was so funny, though, because we are always talking about who is the favorite child in my family. On most days, my family would admit it was me. (Ha! Ha!) Luke was excited he could be the favorite today. Oh well, it was another great shower with lots of fun presents. The two have been very blessed by family and friends.Luke is an amazing brother and a wonderful friend. Laura, we are excited to have you become part of the family. We wish you all the love and happiness as you begin your lives together. Proud of you boo!!

3 comments:

  1. Every child is the "favorite"- haha. It just depends on what day you ask your mom or dad! ;) Looks like you had a fun time. What is this "Monopoly Choice" business? Never heard of it, but I think I might like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Anna! I wish we could have been there. Sounds like fun. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed you Saturday! When I got that last text I was in my pajamas working on ERAS so I figured it would be best to stay home... Glad yall had fun. I'm submitting my application tomorrow, so I'll hopefully be coming to Memphis to visit fairly soon. :) Love you! -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete