Monday, March 28, 2011

Here's to You

GRANDMA...

I have been sitting at the computer for over 20 minutes, and I keep erasing my thoughts. I do not have the words to describe this amazing woman! If you know my Grandma, you understand the dilemma I face. For 86 years, she has blessed the lives of the people around her. She has a servant heart and loves to help others. She never misses a birthday or anniversary of any of her family members and loves to send cards to celebrate these special occasions. She is a hard worker and still finds things to do: crocheting, sewing, cooking, etc. She has taught me many things in life...the importance of family, the love of God, the joy of serving others, the way to cook. However, some of my favorite memories are the times we have spent sewing and talking. Just a couple of years ago I had the joy of learning to crochet and sew from the great teacher, Grandma. She was so patient with me! God has blessed me with a talented, family oriented, God fearing woman that I like to call Grandma!! I love you Grandma!!


On Friday, we celebrated her 86th Birthday in Nashville. We had dinner at my cousin's house, and then 16 (Grandma, Mom, Dad, Dewayne, Jane, Randy, Robbie, Elsie, Paul, Aimee, Lucy, Sophie, Luke, Laura, Craig, and I) of us went to the Grand Ole Opry. It was so much fun!! Grandma you are so special, and I love you so much!! Hope you have a great birthday!!

"A woman of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies."
Proverbs 31: 10

2 comments:

  1. well said... what a wonderful lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for helping me order the Opry tickets on Groupon. Be thinking what we can do for #87!!!

    ReplyDelete