Sunday, March 27, 2011

Prayer Request

This weekend we were in Nashville celebrating Grandma's 86th Birthday and my father-in-law's 60th birthday (more posts on those events to come). This morning we worshiped at Brentwood Hills Church of Christ with Craig's parents, Charlie, Ashley, and Gentry. As I read through the bulletin, I noticed an upcoming 5k for the Walker family. After church, I asked Craig if he knew the family or what was going on. He did not. At lunch, the family was mentioned again, so I asked Ashley for more details. She had told me about a woman at their church (whose brother Craig and I knew at Lipscomb) who delivered her daughter stillborn two weeks before her due date. A couple of weeks later, this same woman was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. WOW! Ashley told me about Sara's caring bridge site and how powerful her testimony has been. I stumbled upon the site tonight and have been reading all of her entries. God is an amazing Father, and HE is working through Sara. PLEASE read her story and pray for this family. I would encourage you to go back to her very first entry and read all of her thoughts in order. May God continue to use Sara to touch the lives of so many!! May we choose to wake up each day and savor all of the moments God gives us each day!!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarawalker

No comments:

Post a Comment