Sunday, February 26, 2012

like the old days

This May will mark 10 years since I graduated from high school. 10 years, that's hard for me to wrap my brain around. I'm starting to feel very old and was reminded of my age yesterday.

When I was in high school, I spent many weekends baby-sitting for Coach Willis and Lisa. Landon and Mary Brooke were very young, and Annie did not come along until my senior year. I remember playing basketball with Landon in his upstairs bedroom on almost every occasion. He always wanted to be Luke, my brother and someone he admired, and I was the rest of the Panther team. Well, it's crazy that those little kids have grown up and now play on the varsity team for Mars Hill. Both the Lady Panthers and Panthers played in the finals of the Northwest Regional Tournament yesterday.

I decided to join my dad and Luke for the games. It was so much fun to watch the Panther basketball history continue to get richer. My heart broke for the girls in their loss but was filled with excitement over the boys' victory, in which many thought was impossible. It was exciting to watch Landon and Mary Brooke play, and I admired the hard work of both teams. I guess some things never change.

It's great to be a Mars Hill Panther.

No comments:

Post a Comment