Wednesday, February 27, 2013

It's a Beautiful Day

Ole! Ole! Ole! Ole!
Ole! Ole!


If you know anything about my family, you probably know we are HUGE soccer fans. Our love for this sport is something we all share. It is one of the few sports we all played, and we all enjoy watching on tv. We even wake up at crazy hours to watch the World Cup. Our passion for soccer was established during our years in Brazil. When I was little, soccer was not popular for girls. I played from the time I was five, but I had to play with the boys. My dad started a girls team at my high school when I was in 6th grade, so I practiced with the team and went to all of the games like a little assistant. Looking back, I am sure I was annoying. I was so thrilled to wear #10 for the Lady Panthers. Oh, what fun! 

Back to the post...sorry sometimes I get carried away. Last week (okay it's been longer now because I forgot to publish this post) the U.S. women's national team came to Nashville to play Scotland. Well, you know me, I can't pass up an opportunity to watch soccer. It was so much fun! It made me miss playing! It brought back wonderful memories of games, teammates, silly songs we wrote on bus trips, traditions, and lots of laughs. I was so glad Mom and Dad could meet us for the game. I only wish the rest of the family could have joined us. Oh well, we always have Canada in 2015 for the women's World Cup. 

It was my first professional soccer game to attend, and I can guarantee it won't be my last. I am so thankful soccer has become more popular in the U.S., especially for women. It was awesome to see Abby Wambach earn her 200th cap, but we were disappointed Alex Morgan didn't play. Can't wait for another game!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart; good news makes for good health." Psalm 15:30




1 comment:

  1. So glad we got to do this with you and Craig! Thanks for including us. It was ALMOST as much fun as watching you, Bethany, Luke and Adam play...

    ReplyDelete