Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas Decorations

Craig and I pulled out the Christmas decorations last night but did not get through all the boxes. I knew it was in there, but I did not know how it would hit me. Around box four, I found it and the tears filled my eyes. If you knew my Aunt Cathy, you know she loved Christmas. One of her trademarks was painting gourds to look like Santa. We were lucky to receive one as a wedding gift, and I'm so glad she painted it for me. I remember her telling me she stayed up really late the night before my shower so she could finish it. I spent several minutes in tears on my couch just looking at it. Christmas will not be easy, but I'm so thankful I have a piece of Aunt Cathy with me. Now, I just need to find the perfect spot for my Santa.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad you have this memory of sissie. it won't be the same wihtout her with us for the holidays this year, that's for sure. but i can't wait to see which one of the little girls (maybe all of them) have inherited her creativity! she'll live on because she left so much of herself behind.
    love you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete