Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful for...

We love the holidays, and the time we are able to spend with family. Family is a huge part of our lives and one of the greatest blessings in our lives! On Tuesday, I loaded the car and headed towards Nashville. No big problem...right?? Well, having a puppy changes everything, and it was much harder without Craig's help. Tucker and I spent the night at Craig's parents' house Tuesday. Wednesday morning I met by friend Emily and went to a funeral of the Betsy's grandfather. I enjoyed catching up with Emily. When we returned to Nashville, Craig had returned from Daytona, so we went to SATCO for lunch. YUM!! The rest of the evening was spent relaxing.

We spent Thanksgiving Day with Craig's family in Nashville. We started by taking the Wright family Christmas card photo. Then, we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and hung out with Gentry, Charlie, Ashley, Granny, Charlie, Mary, and Craig's parents. We ate lunch, which was yummy!! After lunch, my sister arrived from Miami. She was surprising my family by coming home for a few days. I was so excited to see her!! She took my car and drove to Florence. Everyone was surprised to see her!! We watched the Texas game, ate some more, and enjoyed family time that night.

Friday morning we drove to Florence to spend the rest of the weekend with my family. All of my siblings were home, which was wonderful!! My grandmother and cousins (Randy, Robbie, and Elsie) came over for lunch, which was fantastic!! I love big holiday meals!! After lunch, we watched the Alabama/Auburn game. I will admit I was a little nervous, but Bama pulled off the win in the end. The best part was watching the game with my five year old cousin, Elsie. She was one of my flower girls in my wedding, and she is so cute!! She loved every minute of the game and cheered on the Tide to victory. She made signs trying to encourage my sister to cheer for Alabama. She was so cute, and I loved watching the game with her.

After the game, my family went to see The Blind Side. I was very interested in this movie since the true story occurred in Memphis. I loved the movie and recommend it to everyone. We played some games after the movie, which is always a lot of fun with my family. On Saturday, we took some pictures for our Christmas card. Mom made homemade pizza for lunch, which is always great!! Adam and Cathy left after lunch. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing. That night Craig and I went to dinner at Ricatoni's with Melissa and Eric. It was so good to see them!! Elizabeth met us at Melissa and Eric's house after dinner. I have some amazing friends, and I love to visit with them.

We had a wonderful time with family and friends over Thanksgiving. You are all a blessing and we love you so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment