Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Busy Weekend

I have 30 minutes until dinner is ready....so here is the quick update.

Friday Night: I am part of Side By Side, which is a group of Medical & Dental wives. We have a weekly Bible Study and support one another through the tough years of school. This group has been a HUGE blessing while Craig has been in school. Friday night we went to dinner at Panera, one of my favorite place, and then left for a retreat. One of our mentors has a lake house in the middle of no where. It was a nice get-a-way and a great time to hang out with the girls. Thanks Lanier for hosting us!! Thanks Craig for watching Tucker while I was gone.

Saturday: I left the retreat at 10 a.m., so that I could get home to welcome my parents. Mom and Dad arrived in Memphis at 2 p.m. Of course, we watched the Bama/LSU game. The last time we watched a Bama game at my apt the game did not turn out the way we wanted. We were very nervous but cheered them on to a VICTORY! After the game, we went to Germantown Commissary for some yummy BBQ. Then, we went to Muddy's for the best cupcakes. The rest of the evening was spent hanging out and relaxing.

Sunday: Mom and Dad went to church with us at White Station. Then, we went to a new breakfast place we had been wanting to try, Bryant's. We enjoyed our breakfast. Mom and Dad left after breakfast. Thanks for coming!! We had so much fun!! Craig and I took a short afternoon nap. Then I had to get busy cooking Grandma's Chicken & Dressing for our Small Group Thanksgiving Feast. We went to James and Elizabeth's at 6 and stuffed our bellies with some great food!!

We are so blessed with wonderful friends and family. Thanks to all who made the weekend special!!

2 comments:

  1. I so wish I could have gone on that retreat! What fun and what a great group of girls! I miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have definitely got to get Craig a BAMA shirt!
    :)
    thanks for being great hosts. we had fun.
    love,
    mom

    ReplyDelete