Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Tucker's First Road Trip

On Friday, we packed the Escape and headed to Nashville. This was our first trip with Tucker, so it was quite an experience. Most of the car's belongings were Tucker's. We had his crate, his pet porter, his toys, his food, his bath supplies, etc. You have to be prepared...right?? We made a quick stop in Jackson, so Tucker could meet Granny and Uncle Charlie. Craig and I have joked that having Tucker is like having a baby. We are exhausted at 9:00 p.m. We have no idea what we are doing. Tucker has to meet everyone. When going anywhere, we have to think about his schedule. Life has changed. However, we are so glad to have him and already love him so much!!

On Saturday, Ashley, Mrs. Wright, and I went to Christmas Village. It was fun to spend some time with my sister-in-law and mother-in-law. Although I did not buy many Christmas gifts, we had a good time together. (The best gift I purchased was for Tucker. See the picture below.) After shopping, Mrs. Wright and I went to lunch at Panera. Have I mentioned how much I love that place?? Next, we went to Target. Last, we went back to the Wright house, and I took a short nap after a long day of shopping. Saturday night Charlie, Ashley, and Gentry came over for dinner. Gentry is growing so fast!! We don't get to see him as much as we would like, but we LOVE every minute we get to spend with our sweet nephew. He is smiling and laughing so much. He can sit up like a big boy and will be crawling before we know it. I just love it when he looks at me and smiles!! We enjoyed the fun night.On Sunday, we went to the Titans game after church. Now, the season started off pretty bad, but Craig is optimistic the season will end with a winning record. We were able to enjoy the pretty weather and the third win in a row. I love going to Titans games but have not been able to attend any until this past Sunday. It may be the only game I go to all season. Thanks to Mrs. Wright for watching Tucker while we went to the game. After the game, we drove back to Memphis with another stop in Jackson. Tucker missed his Aunt Mary on Friday, and she was dying to meet him.

We had a great weekend in Nashville and survived our first of many road trips with Tucker Bear. He is a great traveler, so be ready for us to come visit!!

3 comments:

  1. You are cracking me up; reminds me of when we didn't have kids and Heidi was our baby...enjoy Tucker! Come see us. Sophie and Lizzie need some socialization with another furry friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't believe how big gentry is! such a cutie. and it goes without saying how much i loved the bama scarf...
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tucker can't even look into the camera with the crimson on. Poor guy.

    ReplyDelete