Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Introducing...Tucker Bear

Our family grew by four feet this weekend. Yes, Craig and I went to Cookeville and picked out the cutest Goldendoodle you have ever seen!! Tucker Bear is a great puppy, and we are having so much fun with him!! We woke up early to make the 1 1/2 hours drive to Cookeville (from Nashville) Saturday morning. Craig was handed Tucker first, and he knew at once we would be taking him home. After receiving all the papers, we made the trip back to Nashville. Tucker sat in my lap or in the back seat the whole time. He was such a good puppy!! We made a stop at Baja Burrito to visit some of my favorite girls. Tucker was a hit! I only wished I could have stayed to have lunch with Betsy, Kristen, Sarah, Jenny, Emily, and Allison. :(Next, we took Tucker to meet Papa and Mimi (Craig's parents). He stayed outside on the deck and learned to love tennis balls and his pet porter. I left Craig with Tucker, so I could go over to my cousins house. I visited with my Spivey cousins, which was great, but I had to return home to see my Tucker. Craig and I went to the Pet SuperMarket to buy shampoo, a leash, food, toys, and all the other things a dog needs. When we returned to his parents house, we gave our boy a bath. He was a trooper! It was cold outside, but he never whimpered or tried to get away. Later that night, we took him to meet his cousin, aunt, and uncle. Charlie, Ashley, and Gentry were glad to meet Tucker.
Saturday night was a LONG night. We woke up every 1 1/2 hours to take Tucker out. He did not cry too much. He just whimpered to let us know he needed to go potty. I'm glad we had an extra hour of sleep that night. On Sunday, we left him for a couple of hours while we went to church. We were surprised to come home to a clean crate. What a good puppy!! We played with him and then left him again when we went to lunch. Once again he did great while we were gone. Craig went to the Titans game on Sunday, while I stayed at the house. Sunday night we drove back to Memphis. Tucker slept in my lap the majority of the trip. He met some more special people, who have decided to be Tucker's godparents. We tried talking James and Elizabeth into getting a dog, but they chose to spoil ours instead. Tucker also met Brandon and Meaghan last night. They brought him a special treat (a Christmas stocking), which he loved!!
He has been a great puppy!! We have had no accidents in his crate, which has been amazing!! He is only waking us up one time at night to go potty. He loves to play with his toys and snuggle with anyone who will let him. We can't wait for everyone to meet our bundle of joy!!

7 comments:

  1. cute, cute, cute! can't wait to see him in person this weekend...
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. bear is cute--we will now put him in the will-dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! I can't wait to meet him...and Oliver promises to be on his best behavior at Thanksgiving. :)

    -Cathy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love our god-dog!! He is the cutest!
    James and Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable puppy! I have never seen a goldendoodle.
    Aunt Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooooo cute Anna! Congrats on your new four legged baby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT A CUTIE!!!! Goldendoodles are adorable.

    ReplyDelete