Friday, September 17, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things (and people): Nashville

Two weekends ago, I went to Austin with Grandma. We had a great trip, and I will always treasure our adventure. When we returned to Nashville, I met Betsy at her place. Then, we were off, so I could meet sweet Mayzie McClain. Mayzie was born at the end of July, but I was so busy preparing for school that I could not make it when she was born. Luckily, her Mommy, Jenny (college buddy and old roomie), was a teacher, so she understands. Anyways, I was so excited to FINALLY meet Mayzie and to see Jenny!! Mayzie is precious, and I enjoyed holding her while catching up with Jenny and Betsy. Congrats Jenny and Owen on your beautiful little girl!!Last weekend, Craig and I went to Nashville. On Friday night, we met some of our closest friends, James, Elizabeth, and baby Andrew, for dinner at Satco. We miss James and Elizabeth and the rest of our Memphis gang, so we enjoyed catching up. We also miss the yummy food from Satco!!(This is where I stopped taking pictures. However, I know someone else in the fam took some.)

Saturday morning, we woke early to eat breakfast at Pancake Pantry!! SO DELICIOUS!! After breakfast, we went back to Craig's parents' house to watch football and relax. I went to meet my cousin, Krista, before lunch. She just got a job teaching 1st Grade in Metro, so I wanted to share some of my old books. It's always great seeing her!! Good luck Krista...I know you'll do great!!

Charlie, Ashley, and Gentry came over for lunch, and we spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with them. Charlie and Ashely went to a concert Saturday night, so we were able to keep Gentry longer and play with him. He's always on the go, but he's so much fun!! While Gentry was having his bath, Craig and I snuck away, so we could see Luke and Laura. (I told you Nashville was full of our favorite people.) We watched some more football and visited with them for a little while. I love having so much family in Nashville, but it sure keeps us busy!!

After church on Sunday, we dressed in our navy and baby blue for the first Titans game of the season. Ashley's parents kept Gentry, so all 6 of us were able to go to the game. Titans games are always fun, so we had a good time with Craig's family!! They played great, and hopefully, will keep up the hard work all season. Go TITANS Go!!

Well, I think that about covers some of our favorite things (and people) Nashville edition. Be on the look out for more of our favorite lists...

No comments:

Post a Comment