Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!!
Today, I'm thankful for all the LOVE I have received in my life. Thank you Craig for loving me and for making each day a blessing to be your wife. Thank you Mom & Dad for the countless sacrifices you made for me and for your example of love. Thank you Adam, Luke, and Bethany for your constant support, laughter, and love. Thank you Cathy and Laura for entering a crazy family and loving us just the way we are. Thank you to my in-laws (Mr. & Mrs. Wright, Charlie, Ashley, and everyone else) for accepting me as a member of your family. Thank you to my nephew, Gentry, for melting my heart each time you call my name. Thank you Grandma, Grandpa, Grandmama, and Granddaddy for the love you taught your children and the love you showed me. Thank you to my extended family members for the love you poured into my life. Thank you to all my wonderful friends who have loved me like I was part of your own family. Most of all, thank you God for showing me the best example of love when you sent your Son to die for me, a sinner. Thank you for your love and your grace that you richly give every day!

I am also so thankful for the love I receive from my job. I LOVE teaching, but even more, I love my students. They make me laugh. They make me go crazy at times. They make me smile. We experience a lot of moments throughout the year. Teaching 4th Grade has been more amazing than I ever thought. I want to share this poem I received today. It brought a huge smile to my face. This little girl has a special place in my heart (like all my students), and I am constantly impressed by her creative mind. I thank God every day for the opportunity I have to work with these students, and I pray that HE speaks through me as I teach. Enjoy the words of one of my students:

"Roses are red, Violets are blue,
Who's the best teacher, Mrs. Wright that's who.
We learn by her words, We learn by her games.
She's not a boring teacher: on and on they drain.
It's fun to hear her talent. We love when she sings.
Lots of memories and creative ideas she is known to bring.
In Mrs. Wright's class, you're never glum,
You're always having bunches of fun!
Thanks Mrs. Wright for being a great teacher,
your good at being a Bible preacher.
So today I'm wishing you lots of love,
and so is the Lord from Heaven above!"

I pray that you know or will come to know the love of our Lord from Heaven above.

2 comments:

  1. "Not boring" -- the ultimate compliment from a fourth grader! :)
    Put THAT in your teacher observation file!
    Priceless. Thanks for sharing.
    And thanks for all the love you've brought us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Andrew has teachers as great as you! Can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete