Saturday, June 4, 2011

1400 miles (give or take)

I thought the summer was going to be calm and relaxing. Well, I am quickly realizing that I was wrong. Since school dismissed, we have traveled at least 1400 miles. Believe me, I am not complaining. I love the freedom I have during the summer. I enjoy being able to make quick trips to see friends and family as well as taking multiple vacations. I guess you can say, we like to travel.

Since we returned from Destin, we have spent lots of time with some very special people. On Thursday, I made a trip to Memphis to see my friend, Rebekah. Rebekah and I have been friends for a LONG time. Our friendship developed on the soccer field. We both have older brothers, and at a young age, we felt like we could do anything they did. So, of course, we wanted to play soccer (even if we were the only girls). We became closer when she came to Mars Hill in middle school, and I guess the rest is history. We went to Lipscomb together, roomed together, and continue to share many memories together. Back to the trip...

Rebekah and Chris welcomed their second daughter, Kailey, into the world while we were in Destin. I couldn't wait to meet her! She is precious, and I am in love with her crazy hair. Congrats to Rebekah, Chris, and big sister, Rylan!! As you can imagine, a trip to Memphis is not complete unless you make a stop at Muddy's. Oh, Muddy's Bake Shop I love and miss you!!

After Craig finished work on Friday, we loaded the car for a quick trip to Nashville. When I say quick, I mean less than 24 hours quick. Friday night we met my brother, Luke, and his lovely wife, Laura, for dinner at Baja Burrito. YUM! We went to Krispy Kreme for free doughnuts and continued our visit. As you know, I am very close to my siblings, so anytime we can get together I am thrilled. Thanks boo for meeting us!!

This morning we met our Memphis family at Cracker Barrel. These friends are very special, and we LOVE spending time with them. Baby Andrew turned a year old, which is hard to believe. He is such a sweet baby and gives the best hugs. We were so thankful to spend a few hours with James, Elizabeth, Andrew, Brandon, Meaghan, and Russ. Heather, we missed you and hope you are feeling better!! We look forward to the next reunion with this gang.

We drove back to Jackson after breakfast. Don't worry, the fun did not end. We met Emily and Ryan for dinner at Chili's. Emily and Ryan had been to Memphis to meet baby Kailey and stopped on their way home to Nashville. Emily's sister and my brother, Adam, set us up as suite mates our freshman year at Lipscomb. We are very thankful they insisted that we live together. Emily and I shared lots of funny moments while at Lipscomb, and I could not imagine my life without her. It was great to catch up with her and Ryan.

As you can see, we have been very busy, but we have LOVED these wonderful visits with friends. We are so thankful for amazing friends and family!! I leave early in the morning for Florence to surprise my dad with a visit for his birthday. Later in the week, we are on the road again. More vacation stories to come...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a bunch of fun trips! Feel free to come up to Harrisonburg if you want even more miles to add to your summer log! :) We're excited to see everyone in Gatlinburg, but love visitors too!

    Happy summer!!

    ReplyDelete