Friday, July 29, 2011

Everything's Better Deep Fried

I thought our house was the state fair on Tuesday night.

Our dear friends, James and Elizabeth, and their sweet little boy, Andrew, came to visit. We spent the day hanging out, catching up, and playing with Andrew. It was a great day. However, the boys will tell you the fun did not begin until later that evening. After dinner, James and Craig decided to deep fry everything in the house. Snickers, Oreos, Reeses, Zingers, Almond Joys...I think you get the picture. The boys had a blast, while Elizabeth and I were a little disgusted by all of their creations. Don't worry, Memphis family, they have decided this will be done again at our next reunion. I will leave you with pictures from the deep frying fun...

James & Craig preparing the batter
The frying begins
A closer lookAll the fried goodiesThis picture is priceless

On a side note: I made a new dessert while James and Elizabeth were in town. It was amazing!! I found it on pinterest, which is my new addiction. Buy a brownie mix and add the eggs and oil, like the directions say. However, do not add the water. Instead, add 1/2 cup of cookies n cream ice cream as well as 1/4 cup of hot fudge topping. Layer half of the batter on the bottom of a 8x8 pan. Then place oreos on top. Last, layer the rest of the brownie batter. The result was amazing!!

Hard to resist

3 comments:

  1. mmm... this all looks good to me! That frier was legit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should call it death by chocolate! Sounds Delicious!

    ReplyDelete