Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Holiday Weekend

Craig and I went to Nashville for the long weekend. We were excited to see lots of friends and take it easy. Friday night we went to dinner and played several games of Ticket to Ride on the iPad, which is our latest obsession.

I met Betsy, Emily, and Jenny in downtown Franklin on Saturday for lunch and a little shopping. It was so good to catch up with these awesome friends. I don't get to see them as often as I would like, but time doesn't seem to hurt our friendship. I always look forward to any time we can get together! Saturday night Craig and I went to J.Alexander's. YUM! We watched Black Swan after dinner. Natalie Portman deserved to win the Oscar, because she did a wonderful job. However, it was a little disturbing, and I was pretty tense the majority of the movie.

On Sunday, we met Luke and Laura and went to church with them. It was a wonderful service, and everyone was so nice. (If you want a funny story, let Craig tell you about how friendly one lady was to me.) After church, we went to a great pizza place and then back to their apartment to hang out. I love spending time with my family, so it was a fabulous morning! Sunday night we met the Parnells and the Clendenins at Chili's for dinner. (I know it sounds like all we do is eat!) Well, you know how special those couples are, so of course, we were thrilled to hang out! After dinner, we got an ice cream pizza from Maggie Moo's and then went to the Clendenins new house. Craig and I watched 127 Hours once we got to his parents' house. Another good movie, but I did cover my eyes during some of the scenes.

Last night we celebrated the Fourth with some of the residents and enjoyed Medina's fireworks. We had a wonderful weekend and were so thankful to spend time with so many friends. What a blessing to live in America with all our freedoms!!

No comments:

Post a Comment