Sunday, September 27, 2009

FrIeNdS

When I was in middle school, we sang "Friends Forever" EVERY day in Chapel. Now, I have some wonderful friends, but that song became really old very quickly. However, it is interesting that my best friends in middle school are still my best friends today. We have shared OH, so MANY memories! No matter the time between our visits, we always pick up where we left off.

Saturday was a wonderful day, because I was able to see these VERY special people...

Mary Brook moved to Seattle a little over a year ago, and I have not seen her since August 2008. I have missed her tremendously and made a special trip home to see her. She brought her boyfriend home for his first visit to the South, which included a LOT of food and an Alabama football game.Along with Mary Brook and Nick, I met Melissa, Eric, and Codi for breakfast. Mary Brook, Melissa, Codi, and I have been friends forever. Melissa and I go all the way back to Kindergarten. Codi and I became good friends around 4th Grade, and Mary Brook came to Mars Hill in middle school. We only wish Elizabeth could have been there with us, and the circle would have been complete. We enjoyed breakfast and a quick visit. Like always, we talked non-stop and had the best time!! Nick, please come back, so we can get to know you better.

Well, the fun did not end there...

I left Florence mid-afternoon to go back to Memphis for another visit with some special friends. In college, I made some more amazing friends, and I feel like we have known each other much longer. Emily, is one of those friends. My brother, Adam and her sister, Leanne were friends in college and convinced us to be suite mates our freshman year. Well, I'm so glad we listened to them. Emily and I have shared numerous odd and funny memories, but I cannot share them on this blog. She has always been there. After we graduated from Lipscomb, she married and moved to Memphis, like me. However, she has moved back to Nashville, and I miss her!! Emily and her husband, Ryan, came to visit on Saturday, and it was so much fun to catch up with them.

I met them at Chris and Rebekah's house, because they had to see baby Rylan!! It was so good to see everyone. After visiting with the Askins', we went by Bella Vita (Emily's old store), which is such a cute store. We ate dinner at Germantown Commissary and had cupcakes at Muddy's. YUM!! The Commissary is one of my favorite BBQ places in Memphis, and of course, Muddy's is the best cupcake shop!! After dinner, we hung out at the apartment. It was so good to visit with them!!

Well, I was thinking last night after my wonderful day with friends, how blessed I am. When Craig and I were married, I had 8 amazing girls stand with me as bridesmaids. Yesterday, I was able to see 5 of them. Thank you to Codi, Melissa, Mary Brook, Rebekah, and Emily for all the memories. You are very special, and I pray we are "Friends Forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment