Monday, September 7, 2009

Heads Up Seven Up

On Friday, you guessed it, Craig and I made another road trip. When I got off work, we left Memphis and went to Nashville, where we met our friends James and Elizabeth at Lipscomb. The four of us then made the trip to Knoxville. I know what you are thinking. How could I go there when I bleed Crimson and White?? Well, the only reason to visit the city is to see our good friends Russ and Heather. Russ and Heather moved to Knoxville this summer after spending the past 2 years in Memphis with us. The four of us, along with Brandon and Meaghan, arrived in Knoxville around midnight on Friday. It was so good to all be together again!! Brandon, Meaghan, Craig, and I stayed with Russ and Heather and enjoyed visiting until the early hours of the morning.

Important Disclaimer: I am a TRUE Alabama fan and what happened on Saturday about killed me. If you too are a die hard fan for the Tide, please skip the next paragraph. Do not judge me for what happened next...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Saturday, we made a visit to another SEC campus for the football game. The colors I saw were dirty orange and ugly. They sang an annoying song throughout the entire game called "Rocky Top." The best part of the morning was eating at Chick-fil-A for breakfast. We then watched as the players walked to the stadium and as the band marched and played. The home team did win. Why was I happy for that? Well, all my friends I was spending the weekend with, were for the home team, and I did not want the rest of the weekend to be ruined.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, Alabama fans, you may begin reading again...

After the game, we went to eat at Sawyer's. We were all so hungry! Next, we went back to the apartment to clean up before going out for the night. For dessert, we went to this fun place called Menchie's. You pick your flavor of yogurt and toppings to make your own ice cream sundae. I chose Strawberry Kiwi with cheesecake bites and kiwis. It was so yummy and such a fun place to go! After dessert, we did a little shopping before going to another friend's house to play Cornhole. Elizabeth and I were on a team, and I had the best partner. We won both games we played, although it was not due to any good skills on my part. Elizabeth was awesome!When we returned to Russ and Heather's apartment, we played the game the eight of us LOVE most...Nerts! The eight of us would play this game in Memphis whenever we had the chance, so of course, we stayed up REALLY late. Saturday night we played for over 2 hours with the girls dominating the first game and the boys winning the second. As the night went on, everything became very funny, as it always does as the time gets later. We also played our own version of "Heads Up Seven Up" to make decisions. We played. We laughed. We had fun!Sunday morning we slept in after staying up really late. We went to lunch at Soccer Taco, which was very tasty. A little more shopping followed lunch before returning to the apartment, for you guessed it, more games. We love playing games when we are together. We played several more hours of Nerts, as well as BuzzWord and Heads Up Seven Up. For dinner, we went to Sam & Andy's for steamed sandwiches. We went back to Menchie's for one more yummy treat. This time I had Dark Chocolate & Vanilla yogurt with oreo's, caramel cups, cookie dough bites, and fruit. I'm sure I gained 10 pounds!! We finished our trip by playing games.The weekend was so much fun!! Thanks to Russ and Heather for being wonderful hosts. We miss you so much in Memphis but are so thankful for your friendship.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had tons of fun!!

    p.s. GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you stood strong and didnt wear orange. I may have had to defriend you if I'd seen that...:)

    ReplyDelete