Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snow Days

January has been a crazy month at school.

Week 1: Students came Tuesday-Friday.
Teachers reported Monday for in-service.
Week 2: Students came Tuesday-Friday.
We were out on Monday for SNOW!
Week 3: Students came Tuesday-Thursday.
We were out on Monday for MLK holiday,
and on Friday, we had more SNOW!
(I enjoyed staying in my pajamas all day and finishing "Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks. Craig was post-call, so it was fun to be home together. We watched "The Social Network," which we both really enjoyed. I think we could both get used to days like this!)
Week 4: As of now, students came Monday & Tuesday.
We were out today for more SNOW!!

I am enjoying my Snow Days, but I am still waiting for that REALLY good one. You know the kind where it won't melt after a few hours. The kind where we could be out for a couple of days straight. The kind that provides great snowball fights, big snowmen, and lots of sledding!! Oh well, I will be content with the beauty we have received so far.

I am also needing some stability in my classroom. It has been very hard to get back into routine. Every time my students hear or see snow, they automatically think school is out. It has been hard to keep them focused. Even when we are at school there are numerous interruptions- field trip, Spelling Bee, vision & hearing testing, group pictures, etc. What a crazy month!!

Today I plan to relax and enjoy my Snow Day. After all, we have only been given today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment