Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day!!

The rumor: 3-5 inches of snow on Monday
The dilemma: I did not want to get my hopes up, only to be disappointed Monday morning.

Sunday night around 9 Bethany called to chat. She bragged about the warm weather and her trip to the beach. I gave her the prediction from our local weather channel. I was jealous of her warm weather. After we hung up, Tucker decided he needed to go out. When we opened the door to let him back in, the snow was coming down! A few minutes later I received the news from school that we would be closed the following day!! Suddenly, I was not tired and felt like staying up late to read. I was also no longer jealous of Bethany's warm weather!!
This was the beautiful sight I woke up to on Monday morning. Craig left early for work while I continued to snooze in the warm bed. A couple of hours later he called to say that he would be off the rest of the day, which made my day. When he got home, he took Tucker for a morning walk and cooked me breakfast. I could get use to days like this!! We spent the rest of the day relaxing and catching up on projects around the house. The snow was beautiful. I just wish it would have stayed a little longer. Until our next snow day...

No comments:

Post a Comment