Monday, January 3, 2011

Twas a few days before Christmas...

Christmas was a little different for us this year. Craig was on call on Christmas Eve and on the 26th. Tucker and I went to Florence for a few days before Christmas, so we did not have to be home alone. We arrived in Florence on the 23rd in time for lunch with some of my best friends. Melissa, Elizabeth, Codi, and I have been friends f-o-r-e-v-e-r! I love these girls so much and only wish we saw each other more. (Mary Brook, you were missed. Please come home soon!!) Melissa hosted our lunch, and we enjoyed hanging out like the old days. We also showered Codi with some gifts for baby Jackson. I can't wait to meet this little guy in just a few weeks!! I was so glad we were able to have lunch and catch up for a couple of hours. These girls are very special to me, and I am so blessed for the friendships we have shared for so many years!!Codi with Jackson's Diaper Cake I made
The bag I made for JacksonAmazing Friends

After lunch, I met my sister and my dad at the mall for a little Christmas shopping. Bethany and I always help Dad with his shopping for Mom. It's always so much fun, and a Christmas tradition I enjoy. That night we went to Grandma's to have Christmas with Mom's side of the family. Although many members were missing, it was still an enjoyable evening with Dewayne, Jane, Paul, Aimee, Lucy, Sophie, Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Bethany. Dewayne still continues my Aunt Cathy's tradition of giving Bethany and me ornaments. Bethany and I have started the tradition with our little cousins (my aunt's granddaughters). We have also started having a special day with the little girls and Grandma. Last year, we had a Tea Party, which was wonderful. This year we decorated gingerbread houses after Christmas (look for another post on this fun day).
Enjoying time with Bethany
Lucy & Sophie opening presents at Grandma's

Paul, Aimee, Sophie, Lucy, and Grandma came over to Mom and Dad's on Christmas Eve for breakfast. It was a relaxing morning, and I enjoyed all of us hanging out. Dad, Bethany, and I did a little more shopping for Mom before meeting Mom for an afternoon movie. The rest of the evening was spent relaxing, watching movies, and playing games. On Christmas morning, we woke up to a surprise...SNOW!! We had a White Christmas, well at least, for a few hours. Tucker and I left Florence around noon and headed back to Jackson. Craig was awake by the time we got home. We started working on our Christmas dinner. His parents, Granny, Uncle Charlie, and Aunt Mary came over since we missed the Christmas Eve celebration. It was a fun evening! Craig went back to work on the 26th. Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Bethany came to Jackson to keep me company. We ate lunch at Panera, played cards, watched a couple of movies, played Ticket to Ride, and more. I was really glad they were able to come see our house decorated for Christmas and hang out. Well, that's how we spent the days leading up to Christmas. I will post about the week after Christmas soon. Hope you enjoyed your holiday!!Christmas Morning Surprise

1 comment:

  1. Love the new background of the blog! We enjoyed so much the time with you both. Thanks for everything and for being the wonderful daughter you are!

    ReplyDelete