Monday, January 10, 2011

Gingerbread Houses

In memory of my Aunt Cathy, we try to do something special with her granddaughters over Christmas. Aunt Cathy LOVED Christmas, but I know she adored her grandchildren even more. Last year, we had a Tea Party with Grandma. Elsie, Lucy, Sophie, and Naomi were all able to attend. We all had so much fun! This year we decided to make gingerbread houses at Grandma's. We were glad Elsie, Lucy, and Sophie could come, but we missed Naomi, Lola, and TJ. This is a great tradition that I look forward to every year. My little cousins are precious, and I love every minute I get to spend with them. They make me laugh and smile. They remind me of their Gran...her big smile, the fun she had with family. I wish they could have had more time with their Gran. Although no one can ever take her place, there are plenty of people who have part of Gran in them and will share it freely with these precious children.
Waiting for the fun to begin...The decorations (and snacks)
Elsie working on her masterpiece.Lucy hard at work.
Mom helping Sophie put sprinkles on her house.Elsie's houseGrandma's houseLucy's house
Sophie's houseAfter we made gingerbread houses, we went for a walk. Bethany & Sophie stop for a picture. How Sweet!Aunt Cathy started a tradition with Bethany and me. She would give us a Christmas ornament every year for our birthdays. We decided we would continue the tradition with the little girls at Christmas. This year we gave them a gingerbread house ornament.
One of my favorite pictures from the day

1 comment:

  1. Anna, thanks for getting this all organized! I think we had enough toppings to do it again next year (and definitely enough milk cartons!).
    I love that last pix too...the girls look so cute in the aprons Grandma made them!

    ReplyDelete